Pages

HELLO! WELCOME AND THANK YOU FOR VISITING MY SITE. MAY GOD BLESS US ALL ALWAYS.

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Great Awakening

"On wakening, 
it is lovely to have the first thoughts of 
the new day focused on…God"
The very first prayer of the day
should be that given to us by the Son…
"The Our Father". 

Thomas a Kempis says that it surpasses
all the desires of all the saints; that it is a condensation
of all the beautiful sayings of all the psalms and canticles;
that in it we ask God for everything that we need,
that by it we praise him in the very best way;
that by it we lift up our souls from earth to heaven
and unite them closely to God."


Angels are spoken of frequently in the Bible
and we should be aware of their existence.
Jesus was supported by the angels
during his trials in the desert,
before He set out on His work.
We each have a guardian angel
and a lovely little prayer for both morning and night
is one to ask our guardian angel to watch over us…

"Oh Angel of God,
my guardian dear.
To whom God's love
commits me here.
Ever this day
be at my side,
to light, to guard,
to rule and guide me. Amen."
starts the day with His name on our lips.


Dedicating the day ahead to the Lord
will result in calm and peace in all we do
and a fruitful day's work,
yes even when things seem to go wrong.


Rather than curse the mishap,
say “Thanks be to God.

To set the tone for the day,
let us echo the morning prayers of holy men…
Charles De Foucauld


Lord,
one more day
to love you!

   Thanks be to God!

ST. PHILIP NERI


"Watch over me always, especially today,
or I shall betray you
like Judas".
Thanks be to God!  


JOHN HENRY
CARDINAL NEWMAN

"Jesus,
shine through me and be so in me
that every person
I come in contact with
may feel your presence in my soul".
Thanks be to God!

ST. JOHN MARY VIANNEY

"My God, send me thy Holy Spirit
to teach me what I am
and what thou art"
Thanks be to God!


POPE JOHN PAUL II

"And to be
 with Him,
more with Him,
not merely
with oneself".
Thanks be to God!

A lovely way of giving the day over to the Lord is in simple conversation with Him, chatting as if to family members or a good friend…
Good morning Lord! It's great to be with You again. We’re glad You will be with us today. Help us in all we do and say today. Bring a smile to our lips for all we meet today. Place on our tongues kind and gentle words for all we speak with today. And when the day is over, bring us home safely. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...